real leather MLs?

Printmat at aol.com Printmat at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 00:27:06 EST 2003

Yesterday I came across two unusual copies of ML titles: Merejkowski's Da
Vinci and Cellini's Autobiography (not firsts, but early prinings), both with
real leather spines with gilt floral decoration, paper-covered patterned hard
boards with matching endpapers, and pink ribbon markers. Normally I would figure
these for the (quite nice!) products of a bookbinding class, but since they
are both titles that appeared in the same gift set in at least one other
alternate binding, I thought I'd ask whether these are legitimate ML issues.

Ign'ance on display,
Bob Riedel
Print Matters! Used & Rare Books
42 Washington Street