2nd state DJ on every ML title?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Nov 23 20:47:08 EST 2003

Sam is correct that the ML edition of Forester's The African Queen was the
first in the U.S. to print the complete text as it originally appeared in
England.  It isn't the first American edition, but it's the first complete
American edition.

There are a number of ML titles that exist in a single printing.  To the
best of my knowledge most of these had a single printing of the jacket.
Exceptions such as Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby (which had a second printing of
the jacket for remainder sales) are exceptional, not the norm.  It would be
interesting to have a list of one-printing titles that have two or more
printings of the jacket.