REDUX: Need help describing Blumenthal binding

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Nov 22 14:30:53 EST 2003

Folks,

Krygier immediately came through with the scan I needed. (WHAT a group!!!)

Also, research unveiled additional info. Here's the new text:

"Named for its designer Joseph Blumenthal (1897-1990), Blumenthal
bindings (type 8) were used for all Modern Library regular issues in
the period 1939-1963. They were made up of linen cloth over thick,
stiff cardboard with dark label panels with gold lettering on the
spine and front cover, and logos designed by Rockwell Kent. The
bindings came in red, green, blue, and gray (but each title came in
just one color)."

Read what you collect. I mean, they ARE books!