DJ Project: New contribution and New Features

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Nov 13 23:51:02 EST 2003

At 8:35 PM -0500 11/13/03, By the Book wrote:
>A question:
>
>How different must a variant jacket be for inclusion in The Great Dust
>Jacket Project?
>
>I have a copy of An Anthology of American Negro Literature, circa 1936 - 236
>titles listed - and the jacket has blue edging rather than the red in the
>image on the website.

That's a simple color variation. Many tiles of the period came in
several colors. I use color variations only if they indicate
something important, such as a first edition. See Barry Neavill's
comments about this on
http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/djAuthors.html

(Scroll down to "About Color Variations.")

But thanks for wanting to participate!

Read what you collect. I mean, they ARE books!