Newbie etiquette question

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Mon Mar 31 21:41:43 EST 2003

All totally kosher, in my opinion. Are you performing industrial espionage
for a competitor? No, so don't worry about it. When scouting for books, I
will typically bring want lists, a pocket-sized notebook with pen and a
small cribsheet that I keep in my wallet listing all unstated ML firsts
(other than B&Ls) by author and title number. That way I can leave my bulky
Toledano guide in the car (but I have no compunction against taking it in
the store with me if I want to).