Newbie etiquette question

Rob Perrilleon rperrilleon at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:10:43 EST 2003

At the risk of showing just how green a collector I am, I'd like to ask for
some advice.

Is it ok to bring a notepad into book shops to take some notes on what I
see?  If I hit a few shops on a weekend afternoon, I'll see more ML's than
I'll let myself buy.  Since my collection is so small, pretty much every
title I see is a potential add to my collection. I'll choose based on my
literary taste and condition, but I'd still like to note the titles I see,
to start tracking what's common in my part of the country, and to make sure
I don't pass up a find.

Is this kosher?
Thanks
Rob Perrilleon
Rochester, NY

PS - Thanks to Scott and the modlib contributors for providing such great
resources!