Ibsen Confusion

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sat Mar 29 15:20:20 EST 2003

Hi Modlib,

More confusion!

I was our perusaling a local bookstore and found a copy
of Ibsen's Plays which I am a bit confused by, given the
info in Henry's Guide.

This is a hard cover copy with Ghosts, A Doll's House,
An Enemy of the People, and John Gabriel Borkman.  The
list of titles on the DJ dates it to spring of 1943.
There is no introduction, and it has 330 pages.

A 1940 copy is shown on Scot's DJ pages:

http://www.dogeared.com/authors/iAuthors/ibsenJackets.html

Henry's Guide says that this particular combo of plays
is 6.2, and it ended in 1940, replaced by 6.3 in hard
cover, with the first three plays and the Master Builder
replacing Mr. Borkman.  But 6.2 must have been in print until
at least 1943.

Curious what year 6.2 became 6.3 - or if I am just confused
by all the different versions of this title.

John K.