Wilde Confusion

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Mar 27 13:56:57 EST 2003

This was published in fall 1963.  The jacket of my copy has a fall 1963 list
(includes Ellison, Invisible Man but not Malamud, Two Novels); the back
panel of the jacket is Henry's "k".  The binding is Henry's 11, except the
torchbearer at the top of the spine is the torchbearer shown in Henry's
binding 12.  There were an unknown number of printings before THE PICTURE OF
DORIAN GRAY was discontinued in fall 1971.  The last one or two printings
(1969/70) were in the taller format with the Fujita torchbearer on the title
page and the backstrip of the jacket.