Double Logo

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Mar 27 07:57:05 EST 2003

Joe,

When I received your email I thought I might have a copy, but it turns out I
don't.  I just had a vivid recollection of seeing yours!  I did check my
notes, however, and it turns out I've seen one other copy.  I guess the ML
ran low on ULYSSES and they bound up a few copies of a Vintage Books
printing in the Giants binding, or else they figured they'd save a few bucks
and ordered a single printing for use in both series.  This was in the 1970s
when Random House didn't give a damn about the ML and was selling the worst
ML books (in terms of quality of paper, bindings, etc.) ever made.