"facsimile" DJs on rare MLs

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:32:33 EST 2003

Sharon Biederman wrote:

>     My initial reading of the listing for The Maltese Falcon with
> facsimile DJ did not lead me to believe that both side of the DJ had been
> reproduced;

I misread this sentence in the auction: "The great dust jacket
is a FACSIMILIE of the correct original with 225 titles on the
verso."

> however after seeing your message I wrote to the seller
> asking for clarification and for permission to send his reply
> to the list. It follows below.

Thanks for posting the response.  I did not mean to
suggest that Sam was trying to defraud anyone (the
title of the auction includes the word 'LASER DJ').

But still curious what people think about 'legit'
reproduced DJs in general...

jk