"facsimile" DJs on rare MLs

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:43:15 EST 2003

Hi Modlib people,

Those of you who scour eBay for Modern Library
books have probably noticed that a relatively
well known Modern Library dealer is selling
rare MLs with 'facsimile' dust jackets (Gatsby,
Hammett).

He must be starting with an orig. DJ in his
collection. I assume he is making a high quality
color zerox, or possibly scanning and printing the
DJ on a high-rez ink jet printer.  The facsimilie
includes both sides of the DJ, and I cannot tell
that it is a copy from the images on the WWW.

I am curious what people think about this!

jk