ML 24, Ouida In a Winter City

John Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Sun Mar 16 21:10:51 EST 2003

----------
From: Gordon Neavill <aa3401 at wayne.edu>
To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
Subject: ML 24, Ouida In a Winter City
Date: Sunday, March 16, 2003 5:37 PM

Does anyone have Ouida, In a Winter City in a ML, Inc. binding (#4) or
jacket (Jacket 2 or 3)?

I have a copy with a ML cover #4.  The "guts" have Brodzky endpapers, Boni
and Liveright as publishers with the BL logo on the title page, First
Printing on the copyright page, and a list of other titles at the end which
includes all the 1924 releases excepting Poe's Best Tales.  While the DJ
cover I have is pristine, the cover is all I have.  No spine, flaps or
back, so I am unable to date or identify with certainty, but I would guess
DJ 2.  No torchbearer on the front, so it is not DJ 3.