ML 24, Ouida In a Winter City

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Mar 16 17:37:15 EST 2003

Does anyone have Ouida, In a Winter City in a ML, Inc. binding (#4) or jacket (Jacket 2 or 3)?

In a Winter City was published by Boni & Liveright in 1923 and discontinued by Cerf and Klopfer at the end of 1926.  I'm pretty sure Cerf and Klopfer never made a printing of their own.  (Let me know if you have a copy with a ML, Inc. title page with the Bernhard torchbearer!)

I have seen B&L copies in ML, Inc. binding 4.  Most of the B&L stock Cerf and Klopfer inherited was unbound; they sold these copies in their own bindings (binding #4) and usually their own jackets (jacket #2 or 3).

I've never seen In a Winter City in the ML, Inc. jacket (#2 or 3) and would be grateful to know if anyone has one.

I don't think B&L ever published In a Winter City with the monk device on the title page.  Again, if you have one, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Barry

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program
Wayne State University
106 Kresge Library
Detroit MI 48202
313-577-0507 (voice); 313-577-7563 (fax)