MODLIB Administrative Request

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sat Mar 1 10:41:44 EST 2003

Fox wrote:

> just curious, having retired from a monstrously large internet service
> provider a few years ago: what email programs are left that cannot do
> html? An email package for a Commodore 64 or Altair or a Sinclair?  I am
> not being facetious, just curious about legacy email programs.

Hey, this listserv runs off of an old Sinclair server.

Just kidding.

PINE, for example, cannot handle HTML - and there are
other simple text based programs.

Why use PINE?  No viruses, which plague the masses of
poor unfortunates who feel compelled to use Microsoft
products.

But do also consider that our LISTSERV software is
unable to store HTML as HTML, and that is a bigger
problem.  Go to the dogeared.com site and look at
the directions for accessing archives for this list
and download a file.  You will see what I mean.

Plus, and really think about this, what is the point
of a posting with fancy fonts and colored backgrounds?
It adds nothing to the information in the posting.

your grumpy luddite administrator,

John