Joyce's Dubliners 1st ML printing?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Tue Jun 24 08:44:40 EDT 2003

Does anyone have a first ML printing of Joyce's Dubliners with a fall 1926 list at the end (includes Joyce, Dubliners but not Hudson, Purple Land)?  I've seen a fall 1926 jacket but don't seem to have seen a copy of the fall 1926 printing.  The "First" statement was retained on the second printing, which has a spring 1927 list (includes Hudson, Purple Land but not Hardy, Jude the Obscure).

The first printing of 5,000 copies was made in October 1926.  The second printing of 3,000 copies was in April 1927.  There should be more copies of the first than the second, but I've only seen copies of the second.

Barry

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program
Wayne State University
106 Kresge Library
Detroit MI 48202
313-577-0507 (voice); 313-577-7563 (fax)