[Fwd: Non-member submission from "David Medsker" <davidmedsker@reconss.com>]]

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sat Jun 21 12:04:06 EDT 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: BOUNCE modlib at algol.owu.edu:
Non-member submission from ["David Medsker" <davidmedsker at reconss.com>]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:32:21 -0400
From: owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu
To: modlib-approval at algol.owu.edu

From: "David Medsker" <davidmedsker at reconss.com>
To: <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
Subject: RE: the newest modern library series
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:32:00 -0500

There could be another problem suggested by the W.S. Journal article I read.
The large book retailers sounded taps to all but the hardiest of local
dealers, in fact I can't name a single book dealer that retails new product
only aside from large conglomerates. Now that one of them (Barnes and Noble)
has moved into publishing, it might not be very long before only specialty
publishers like Easton (who also market) carry the classics and serials like
ML won't be able to compete any more. The world is going so Walmart, I want
to champion a pirate, but I can't find one. My bet is that ML will have to
find it's core market of diehard collectors and market directly with
customer loyalty discounts or fall aside as their titles are outmarketed.

Cool thread peoples, nice to hear from the quiet voices!