New ML jackets

J Godsey gods at attbi.com
Thu Jun 19 06:49:03 EDT 2003

>the local independent bookseller kindly ordered a replacement, but it took
her weeks before
>the publisher sent her one that wasn't more screwed up than the first

if something is in print and you need a new jacket just call the publisher
directly.
(go to their website and find their CS number)
tell them you bought it damaged and need a new one.
99% of the time they sent it to you directly even if they have to take it
off another book.
it doesn't come fast, but it does come.

i haven't had much reason to do it over the years but it's a lifesaver.
i have at times purchased a fine used copy of something recent with a torn
jacket and the just ordered up a new jacket.