BL Winesburg Ohio First edition ?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:13:48 EDT 2003

The first three printings (April 1919-January 1921) were by B. W. Huebsch, the original publisher of Winesburg, Ohio from whose plates ML printings were made.  The fourth printing (December 1921) is probably the first ML printing.  I have ML copies that state "Fourth printing" and "Fifth printing" on the copyright page.

Barry Neavill