BL Winesburg Ohio First edition ?

Daryl Anderson danders3 at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jun 18 17:38:29 EDT 2003

Hello all,

My first post - but I've enjoyed "lurking" and learning as my interest in ML collecting becomes a bit of an obsession ;-)

I have obtained (on Ebay) a very pretty copy of Anderson's "Winesburg Ohio" (no DJ), in what my Toledano book identifies as the #2 binding. I (and the seller) had assumed that meant it was a first edition, but the copyright page inside explicitly lists a number of printings up to "Fifth printing, March 1922".

Now I'm confused. Do I have a later printing ?

thanks
-Daryl Anderson