DJ Project: Additions, plus some important notes on color variations

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Jun 5 19:21:05 EDT 2003

Glad to know about this--I'd never seen this jacket on balloon cloth!  The
blue/blue green color scheme was retained after 1940.  I  have it on a hard
cover copy from spring 1944.  I think the earliest copy of the brown version
I've seen is from spring 1946 (309 titles listed inside the jacket) in Joe
Hill's collection.  Joe--can you confirm this?

Colors sometimes fade in strange ways from exposure to direct sunlight--they
can practically change from one color to another--but you can usually tell
the original color from the flaps, which are protected from exposure.  This
isn't the case here, however.