designers

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Jul 23 00:07:09 EDT 2003

At 4:26 PM -0400 7/22/03, Lewis Tanner wrote:
>Damn, isn't anyone interested in just the books?

I'm not.

I'm interested in the books as books for their strong bindings, good
type, and great size. I'm interested in the dust jackets because the
art is often lovely and fun and sometimes just nice to look at. And,
oh yes, I'm interested in the words as well (although there are few
ML's that contain the only edition available).

I didn't realize there was a rule defining the One True Reason for
book collecting.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
                      - after Benjamin Franklin