designers

J Godsey gods1216 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 09:04:15 EDT 2003

What? no Dracula?

  I prefer Paul Galdone myself, but J. Godsey's statement raises an
interesting question that I've been pondering for a while: What, in
collectors' opinions, are the Top 10 Modern Library Dust Jackets of All
Time? Here, in no particular order, are my nominees:

  Kim by Rudyard Kipling
  Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (1933)
  A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (1946)
  The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski
  Sanctuary by William Faulkner (1934)
  Black Narcissus by Rumer Godden
  The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  Ben Hur by Lew Wallace
  Two Years Before the Mast by Richard H. Dana (1945)
  The Pathfinder by James Fenimore Cooper