ML Format and Design article in Printing History, no. 1 (1979)

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed Jan 15 21:30:54 EST 2003

I thought some of you might like to know that my  article, "The Modern Library Series: Format and Design, 1917-1977," in PRINTING HISTORY vol. 1, no. 1 (1979) is still available from the American Printing History Association.  For many years APHA would only sell back issues to members.  That has changed, and back issues are now available at $20 to members and $25 to nonmembers, postage included.

This was my first article on the Modern Library.  The journal is beautifully designed and printed; the article has excellent illustrations and remains largely accurate.

For further information, including back issue order form, go to: http://www.printinghistory.org/htm/journal/back.html

Barry

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program
Wayne State University
106 Kresge Library
Detroit MI 48202
313-577-0507 (voice); 313-577-7563 (fax)