1980 series (woodcut editions)

acpertusi at aol.com acpertusi at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 14:24:02 EST 2003

joe is right and I would add one more point:
the 1980 series are the transition books from the last ml book printed in
1970,
confessions of nat turner, to the pursuit...love in a cold climate printed in
1979.
conversely, the 1980 series are the bridge books, ending with frankenstein in

1984 to the new 1992 series beginning with death in venice.
in this regard they are important for both the regular and giants.

joe, the price guide also lists six great american plays, and portrait of a
lady for
the hardbacks. for the giants the guide lists 3 volumes of O'neill.the giants
also
lists uncle tom's cabin but I think it belongs in with the regular hardbacks.

anthony pertusi