Unusual Paper on Candide # 47

John M. Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Sun Jan 12 13:56:08 EST 2003

Below, I posted some of the exchanges from last May regarding this type of dust jacket.  I believe they are called linen.  In addition to those listed below, I also have G49.1, Twain's Huck and Tom.  Both my first from 1940 and a reprint from 1948 have the linen paper, so it looks like they were used a number of years.