Illustrated "The Wisdom of Confucius"

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed Feb 26 07:18:00 EST 2003

The Illustrated ML section of my ML bibliography is still in draft form, but
I can say that the thicker copy with the 1943 copyright date is earlier.
The imprint on the title page of the first printing is "The Modern Library."
The imprint on the title page of subsequent printings in "The Illustrated
Modern Library."  I have both with 1943 copyright dates.

Later printings give the copyright date as 1938, 1943.  My own copies of
these are thinner.  I've seen these in the slipcase and two forms of acetate
jacket, one with a silkscreened label, the other with a paper label.

Wisdom of Confucius was the best-selling title in the Illustrated Modern
Library.