When bidding gets insane

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Fri Feb 14 14:59:51 EST 2003

Scot Kamins wrote:

> Check this out. Be sure to click "Bid history."
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3500132494&category=31371

Given that all those bids are from two bidders,
it would be safe to assume that neither understands
eBay's proxy bidding system.  I have known people
who have used eBay for years without understanding
that you can bid more than the minimum bid.

Speaking of insane bidding, altho very off topic,
I must mention the current eBay auction for a dusty
old fishing lure that is over $24,000. (2708468802)
So the next time you think old MLs are selling for
too much on eBay...

JK