Ulysses 1st

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Fri Feb 14 12:17:36 EST 2003

I had a question about James Joyce's Ulysses, and since for some reason I've never gotten around to purchasing an early ML edition of this book, I don't know the answer to this one.

This seller says his book has a first statement but no number given above the list of titles inside the jacket ("Which of these outstanding titles do you want to own?"). For some reason I thought lists with no number given were a feature of circa 1963 jackets. Was Ulysses one of those titles where they left in the first statement for years afterward or is this guy a victim of a married jacket?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3501067566&category=26181