HEY, JIMMY WILLIAMSON ...

John M. Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Thu Feb 13 19:18:08 EST 2003

... I sort my collection just as you do.

I didn't understand your reference to Lost Weekend, so I checked my
bookshelf.  Never realized it was oversized for the time!  Looking at the
print, thought, appears the plates they used were a bit high for the normal
ML cover 8 size, so they "supersized" it.

Actually, there was also an oversized leatherette.  The first ML of The
Rainbow by Lawrence was clearly 1/4" taller than the standard leatherette
and appears to have been manufactured that way to accommodate the plates.

JMW