Illustrated MLs signed by illustrators

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Mon Feb 10 01:24:41 EST 2003

I thought this was an interesting item on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31371&item=2706824062&rd=1

I have seen other copies of Illustrated MLs signed by illustrators--not many, but enough to suggest that they're not an impossibly rare find. What about other collectors out there? Have you seen or do you own other signed IMLs? Does anybody know any history of these? Were they maybe special presentation copies?

So far, I've encountered Wisdom of Confucius and Tom Jones with this feature: Do you guys know of any others?What about the bookplate or whatever it is laid into this copy? (I've never seen one of those before.)

Matt B.