149.1 Hauptmann dust jacket

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Fri Feb 7 08:44:53 EST 2003

Gordon Neavill wrote:

> I have two copies in jackets (a spring 1928 on tan paper and a fall 1928 on
> blue paper)

So there were two printings of this title?  Or two
printings of the DJ?  Henry's Guide suggests only the
FMLEd.

As to Ron Thoman's question about the DJ, it should look
very similar to the DJ on the bottom of p. 177 of Henry's
Guide (marked 'k' but should be 'b').

> but still haven't acquired a digital camera.  When I do I'll
> start submitting pics for the database.

I found that a compact scanner works great when
digitizing DJs and other flat media.

I have a Canon flatbed scanner (I am sure that
there are other brands too) that is the size of a
laptop computer.  It is powered thru the computer,
so there is only one cable.  It can be stashed on
its side on a shelf and set up in a matter of seconds.

JK