Changes to Dogeared

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Dec 17 15:17:29 EST 2003

At 12:44 PM -0700 12/17/03, Ron Thoman wrote:
>Great improvements, Scot.

Thanks!

>Regarding the ToC's of Anthologies:
>
>Are you asking for contributions of typed lists for these or individual
>author collections, and if so, what format, which authors, etc.

I am indeed. The lists may be typed into an e-mail and sent to me
directly at kamins at dogeared.com rather than through the ListServ.

For anthologies composed of multiple writers, the format should be
like any of the ones in the Misc: Short Stories category at
http://www.dogeared.com/authors/misc/short%20stories/storyAnthoJackets.html
(Use Great German Novels & Short Stories as an example).

For single writer collections, such as Maupassant's Best Stories, all
I need is the author, book title and Toledano number (or some other
way to identify the edition since contents sometimes changed with a
new compilation), and then the table of contents.

I'm looking for ToC's of all compilations in all genres (except
poetry) where the content is not evident from the title or from the
dust jacket. So most of Ibsen wouldn't need ToC's, but Singer's
Selected SHort Stories would.

For titles that have poetry as well as prose (eg Swinburne's Selected
Poetry & Prose), ignore the poetry but list everything else.

Thanks for playing!!!

"[Books of great authors] are regarded as part of the necessary
furniture of the house -- not of the mind; and having been duly and
dutifully bought they are taught to know their place on the appointed
shelf. They are taken as read. . . . There are few men now who, when
a new book is published, read an old one."
                        - anonymous 19th century cynic