Changes to Dogeared

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Dec 17 01:17:51 EST 2003

Folks,

I've made a few changes to Dogeared:

*Home page has been somewhat restructured into more meaningful categories:
http://www.dogeared.com

* Searching the DJ database by author has been changed to a single
continuous list instead of 26 separate ones:
http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/titleIndexAuthors.html
This does away with certain problems of location ("Where do I find De
Quincy?") since you can search all the authors' names at once using
your browser's Search tool (Find: Quincy)

* An introductory article has been added explaining what's in the
database and how to get around in it:
http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/djAuthors.html
Parts have been taken from other articles and new tables constructed
making things clearer.

* An article has been added describing the four ongoing projects
(dust jackets, blurbs, book notes, anthology tables of contents) and
how to contribute - even if you don't have a scanner:
http://www.dogeared.com/General/contribute.html
I'd appreciate it if everyone on the listServ would read this one,
especially folks who have only lurked for fear of not being able to
take a meaningful active part.

As always, comments are welcomed.

"[Books of great authors] are regarded as part of the necessary
furniture of the house -- not of the mind; and having been duly and
dutifully bought they are taught to know their place on the appointed
shelf. They are taken as read. . . . There are few men now who, when
a new book is published, read an old one."
                       - anonymous 19th century cynic