DJ Blurbs: Third Batch

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Dec 15 19:37:25 EST 2003

Best American Humorous Short Stories, 1920
Cabell's Beyond Life 1926
George's Bed of Roses, 1927
Gorky's Creatures That Once Were Men,, 1919
Hardy's Mayor of Casterbridge,1921
Hecht's Erik Dorn, 1926
Ibanez's The Cabin, 1919
Sterne's  Tristram Shandy, 1928 (1st printing)
Sterne's  Tristram Shandy, 1928 (2nd printing)

I've got two more batches to do (including a bunch typed by John
Krygier, the first of the group besides me to contribute), and then
it will be up to you guys.

"... one in every score of those who actually read sterling books do
so with comprehension of their author. ... Remember those who
purchase to follow the fashion, to impose upon their neighbor, or
even to flatter themselves; think of those who wish to make cheap
presents, and those who are merely pleased by the outer aspect of the
volume.
                           - George Gissing