OT:Just for giggles - how many EL collectors?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Dec 11 12:54:57 EST 2003

At 9:15 AM -0500 12/11/03, Sharon Biederman wrote:

>      A larger topic, and a fascinating one, is the obsession
>of book collecting in general.  Very few of the ML collectors I have known
>collect only the Modern Library.  Most collect another author, another
>series, etc.  Assuming that the Modern Library is one's primary
>collection, what is the secondary one?  Mine is Charles Dickens.

Actually, I'm a mono-obsessor. The only time I start to collect
something else is when I can't find any ML's or I can't think of
anything to add to Dogeared. I've tried collecting Terry Pratchett,
but ending up trading them all in for credit at Powell's Books for
more ML's.

Overtime I've tried collecting non-books (stamps, coins, matchbooks)
but nothing held me.
--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)