OT:Just for giggles - how many EL collectors?

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Thu Dec 11 09:15:54 EST 2003

     For those who particularly enjoy British history and literature,
Everyman's library offers a large number of outstanding titles that are
unavailable elsewhere; however the standardization of the dust jackets
makes the books less aesthetically appealing than MLs.  I tend to buy them
for content, pretty much as Joe described.

     A larger topic, and a fascinating one, is the obsession
of book collecting in general.  Very few of the ML collectors I have known
collect only the Modern Library.  Most collect another author, another
series, etc.  Assuming that the Modern Library is one's primary
collection, what is the secondary one?  Mine is Charles Dickens.

                  Sharon