missing examples of illustrated editions

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Dec 2 17:40:13 EST 2003

At 5:21 PM -0500 12/2/03, acpertusi at aol.com wrote:
>hello scott:
>while I don't have a scanner to send examples to you,
>there are 4 missing illustrated editions:
>-a boxed confucius
>-a glassine pickwick papers
>-a glassine emerson's essays
>-a glassine crime and punishment

This is really quite useful. If other folks spot additional missing
pieces, please let us all know. (I think there may be more.)

There are fewer pieces that are missing than what's there, I'm sure.
Collectors who have have scanners but don't have the time to compare
what's on Dogeared can use the shorter list of missing items to see
if they have one.

John Krygier (I think) long ago suggested I compile a list of known
missing data base images. Perhaps I'll pursue that idea.

Meanwhile, now that I have this scanner set up, I can can in the
photos sent by Dave Menkin.

"Modern Library books are intended to be read and not just to be
stuck away in bookcases like old sets of Balzac and Victor Hugo..."
                    - Bennett Cerf