Butterfield 8 first

Caroline Sloan caro at DNAI.com
Mon Dec 1 14:03:29 EST 2003

Right. So we figure it's just a typo. Someone somewhere hit a 5 for a 6, and
it was perpetuated in the two Brucollis, and also the copyright page of the
Bantam pb.

But, any ideas on how that can that be documented? I sold someone the first,
calling it a first, and now there's this doubt. I can say, "Well, everyone
in the business just knows that the first was 1962, because no one's ever
laid hands on an earlier one." But that's not really very satisfactory.