mod libs are infections....

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Mon Aug 25 10:53:22 EDT 2003

In the early 1970's I had made a sweep of the book stores on Hollywood
Blvd.(about 30 stores(two left today )picking up F/F copies of ML's for
3-5 bucks. One of the last stores I scouted had a F/F Little Women
@$10.00 I was about to ask why the copy was priced so high,changed my
mind and just left the shop. The Alcott I now have in my collection cost
me ten times that price.
As I wrote some time ago,the biggest fish I let get off the hock was a
presentation copy of the Gatsby @$1,600, to Zelda at a book fair in San
Francisco the same year!
I think the copy must be owned by a Fizgerald collector,if a ML
collector had the book,I think we would have heard about it by now.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY