Leaves of Grass (was Re: DJ Project: Two very early, 1 very late images)

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Thu Aug 14 08:32:03 EDT 2003

Scot Kamins wrote:

> Whitman, Leaves of Grass (1969)
> http://www.dogeared.com/authors/wAuthors/WhitmanJackets.html

As a follow up to a posting about the different HC
DJs for this title I sent to the group a month or
so ago: Henry's Guide is missing one P DJ variation
for 97.3 in the 1940+ column.  So there is a T and
a P (eagle) DJ for the HC Leaves of Grass, and three
P DJs (including the eagle) for the version with
'Selected Prose' and the introduction added.

I had originally thought there was no late 60s redesigned
DJ, but then found one (this is the 1969 DJ Scot added
to Dogeared).  By the way, the 1969 version says "Modern
Library Edition, 1921" on the title page verso.

jk