357.1

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Tue Aug 12 21:56:18 EDT 2003

And it should be noted that there's little disgrace in possessing a later printing of this title, which is scarce both as a first and a later copy. Toledano, you might note, places the value of a first vs. a non-first as only a letter apart. My copy is a later printing (with the taller binding 14), which I selected for the exceptional condition of the dust jacket. The Updike dj is highly condition-sensitive because of the use of solid black on the spine and front (kind of like the Genet, although not quite as bad).