357.1

jpete9530 at msn.com jpete9530 at msn.com
Tue Aug 12 17:55:09 EDT 2003

<However, during the 1960s, the DJ was not always changed.
<Thus, it is possible to get the first issue DJ on a later edition book.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question.  My interest in ML books is greater than my knowledge of publishing.  I wonder if the reverse of the above was ever true, where the dj was changed before the first printing of a volume was exhausted?  For example, when inflation was in high gear and the list price needed changing.  If so, would the copy with the 2nd cover still be considered a first?

John Peterson