Great ML ebay buy!

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 14:31:31 EDT 2003

In a message dated 4/28/03 9:03:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
GOODBOOKS at webtv.net writes:

> For as little as $125.00 you can own  ML copies of both Aphrodite and
> Antic Hay without DJ's from Mom's Attiic Treasures
>
> I find ebay more or less a pure lottery. Some items will go very expensive,
some won't sell, though good items.
Recently a signed by Steinbeck Tortilla Flat without dust jacket in less than
very good condition and certainly not a first sold for $1,000 + 15% auction
house commission. About a year ago In Dubious Battle, not a first in about
very good condition with dust jacket sold for $150.... I told auction house
representative I
would pay about $6.00 for the book in that condition.  (Both sales at PBA
auctions)

As an aside I note that most Modern Library books in very good condition,
common titles with dj,  are selling for about $10.00 or if better than Very
good around $12.00. This is probably not unreasonable, since the current
series (reprints) sell for $10 to $15 in used book stores. What is the
experience of others in different parts of the country? However, on balance,
ML books are now very hard to find.

Henry at Books etc
<A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-zshop/S2UJ2VG921GMXP/107-4701874-7344539">Books etc</A>
PMB 395,