Scribners First Edition Sources of ML Titles

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Apr 24 15:50:29 EDT 2003

In 1938, the Rare Books division of Scribner's produced a catalog of
Modern Library source books. Sold out of its rare book outlet on New
York's 5th Avenue, the catalogue featured available first editions
(through the store, of course!) whose text was the source of the
current Modern Library list.

Keith Polasko of New York city reminded me about the book when he
sent me a batch of images. I decided it was about time to toss up a
quick-&-dirty ML page about the book:

http://www.dogeared.com/Paper/Scribner/scribner.html

(Gawd - that's four new Dogeared pages this week! You can tell that
Real Estate has slowed down a bit...)

Portland Oregon Real Estate Broker
(with Scott Trahan Realty Brokerage)
"I Listen."