1st ML, (was 1933 ML Top Ten Best Sellers)

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 14:40:05 EDT 2003

I do not remember my first ML purchase. I know that it was bought in Paris at
Brentano's on l'avenue de Opera. There was always a long shelf of ML , of
course all new and much more expensive than in the U.S. They all had dust
jackets, but none was a first. About 90 were purchased in Paris. When I left
England they remained in storage for over 20 years. I had read them all. I
had no interest in collecting and the books were bough strictly to read. I
liked the Modern Lilbrary titles, their format and appearance and they were
about the cheapest non-paperback books that could be bought on the Continent.
I never saw any ML in England. I have since acquired one UK ML.

Henry at Books etc
<A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-zshop/S2UJ2VG921GMXP/107-4701874-7344539">Books etc</A>
PMB 395,
298 4th Avenue,