1st ML, (was 1933 ML Top Ten Best Sellers)

Matthew Buckingham mdbuckingham at msn.com
Wed Apr 23 13:57:38 EDT 2003

My first MLs were a batch of about a half-dozen I found in a local used
bookstore, three of which I still have: Nostromo by Joseph Conrad, In Cold
Blood by Truman Capote, and The Way of All Flesh by Samuel Butler. The first
two were firsts, although I didn't realize it at the time. Within about a
year, I met Henry Toledano quite by chance while scouting bookshops in San
Francisco and purchased a copy of his price guide.