1st ML, (was 1933 ML Top Ten Best Sellers)

Simms,Karrie KSIMMS at cerner.com
Wed Apr 23 13:03:47 EDT 2003

My 1st ML was Rebecca with a good but not great dj.  I had gone on an
extended lunch with a co-worker to a used bookstore that was literally
exploding with books.  There was just enough room to walk single file down
the pathways through the shop.  It had shelves that were jammed as full as
they would go and most would swing open to expose another layer of shelves
behind them, also jammed full.  Rebecca was hidden on a bottom shelf, behind
two 2ft tall stacks of books.  I somehow saw the black cover and pulled it
out.  Spent a couple of bucks on it and upon examination, found the list on
the inside of the dj.  Well, being in computers and a bit of a compulsive
anyway, that list was enough to trigger some Internet investigation and the
start of my smallish collection.

The funny part is, my co-worker didn't buy the book, but that Rebecca and
the list intrigued him so much (also being a computer geek) that he has now
become a full fledged collector with a continually growing collection that
he supplements on his trips out of town (KC seems to be an "Everyman's
Library" kind of town with tons of ELs and only moderate amounts of MLs
available)

Karrie A. Simms
Kansas City, MO

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments
are from Cerner Corporation and are intended
only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and
may constitute inside or non-public information
under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you
may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.