1st ML, (was 1933 ML Top Ten Best Sellers)

myerss at msu.edu myerss at msu.edu
Wed Apr 23 11:29:18 EDT 2003

I wonder how many of us got started the way I did:  Copies of "classics" -
in my case Seven Famous Greek Plays and The Works of Plato - that my mother
used as college textbooks.  Of course she tossed the dust jackets away!

The first one I bought happened to be a first edition of Ulysses that I
needed for one of my own college classes.  It was $7.50 at the local used
book store, as opposed to $25 for the edition the class used.  To me, it was
worth different page numbering to have a nice hardcover copy.  It was only
later that I discovered it was a first.