The Great Alcoa Promo Mystery - Photos Up!!!

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Wed Apr 23 10:21:00 EDT 2003

Scot Kamins wrote:

> John Peterson was as good as his word. He worked long into the night to
> produce a mess of photos which he sent to me. Here they are:
>
> http://www.dogeared.com/Rarities/Alcoa/alcoa.html

Thanks to John and Scot for putting this page together: it is
great to see another ML oddity.  This set has to be somewhat
scarce: I checked a bunch of on-line used book sites (searching
under variations of 'modern library' 'random house' and 'alcoa'
and nothing comes up.

I recall another promotional ML maybe a year back on eBay (won
by one of the frequent ML bidders on eBay - can't recall who).
It was the Great Short Stories ML, with a DJ promoting a shoe
store (?!).

Not quite as cool as aluminum endpapers!

jk