Alcoa Mystery: More info

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Apr 22 13:13:45 EDT 2003

At 11:20 AM -0400 4/22/03, Gordon Neavill wrote:
>It would be difficult to remove original endpapers from bound volumes and
>replace them cleanly with metallic endpapers, especially in the area of the
>crease between the boards and the spine.  It would also be difficult to get
>inserted endpapers to match the dimensions of the text block excactly.

I agree. But it also occurs to me that, if it were a special
printing, wouldn't that be reflected on the title page, as was the
case in the much earlier Jewish Daily Forward issues?
(See http://www.dogeared.com/Rarities/vanity.html)

Portland Oregon Real Estate Broker
(with Scott Trahan Realty Brokerage)
"I Listen."